Hebrew National Delicatessen ad [Feb. 11, 1938]
The Jewish Encyclopedia
of Western Pennsylvania
A project of the Rauh Jewish Archives at the Heinz History Center
The Hebrew National Delicatessen and Restaurant Company was located at 2203 Murray Ave. It opened on February 15, 1938, taking over the Volensky Grill & Delicatessen. It closed around 1953, when it became Polonsky’s. Advertisements listed “strictly kosher corned beef—postromi—tongue—salami—wieners—liver pudding—knuck-wurst.”
The Hebrew National Delicatessen and Restaurant Company was originally managed by Adolph Schwartz and, sometime before 1942, was purchased by Abe N. Polonsky.