Volensky Grill and Delicatessen ad [April 24, 1931]
The Jewish Encyclopedia
of Western Pennsylvania
A project of the Rauh Jewish Archives at the Heinz History Center
Volensky Grill and Delicatessen was located at 2203 Murray Ave. It opened in 1931, taking over the Murray Sandwich Shop. The restaurant closed by 1938, when the location became the Hebrew National Restaurant and Delicatessen Company. Advertisements claimed “strictly kosher meats only.” The proprietor was Manuel Volensky of 1117 Chislett St. Volensky was the uncle of Murray Sandwich Shop’s proprietor Milton Rubin.