Polonsky’s Deli was located at 2201-2203 Murray Ave. It opened in 1953, when the Polonsky rebranded the Hebrew National Delicatessen and Restaurant Company at 2203 Murray Ave. The business appears to have expanded in the mid-1950s to include 2201 Murray Ave. The original proprietor was Abe Polonsky. Following his death in 1961, the restaurant was briefly owned by his son Gilbert Polonsky. Gilbert Polonsky sold the business in 1962 to Iz Cohen, who was running a poultry market in Squirrel Hill.“King Business,” Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Sept. 27, 1962 (online—Newspapers.com).