The Jewish Encyclopedia
of Western Pennsylvania
A project of the Rauh Jewish Archives at the Heinz History Center
Donora was one of the first Jewish communities in Western Pennsylvania to have a religious school organized by the National Council of Jewish Women and Rodef Shalom Congregation in Pittsburgh, an educational initiative that would later become known as the Southwestern District of Pennsylvania Jewish Religious Schools. This curriculum from 1941 shows the priorities of Jewish religious schools throughout the region.