F&F Delicatessen and Restaurant opened at 2113 Murray Ave. in Squirrel Hill in February 1945 under the management of Paul Freuthal and Henry Feld. Following negotiations with the Rabbinical Council of Pittsburgh, the restaurant agreed in March 1945 to operate as a kosher facility under council supervision. The restaurant subsequently provide only kosher foods, separated meat and milk products, closed on Saturdays and Jewish holidays, and employed a mashgiach (kosher supervisor).
Freuthal and Feld operated the business until 1948, when Feld left Pittsburgh. Freuthal went independent for a time. It is unclear from available advertisements whether the restaurant continued to operate as a kosher facility under local rabbinical supervision.