The building at 1600 Centre Ave. in the Hill District was home to four Jewish-owned steak houses in the late 1920s. Abe Binstock owned the property in the early 1920s and ran a jewelry store there until September 1926, when he relocated to 1603 Centre Ave. Binstock rented 1600 Centre Ave. in October 1926 to David Goldberg, proprietor of the Original Steak House. Elizabeth Levy Seabright took over the location in February 1928 and renamed the business Elizabeth Steak House. Seabright had previously been a waitress at Terkel’s Restaurant and the Regent Restaurant. Sam Schwartz and Dave Bernstein took over the location in August 1929 and renamed the business Sam’s Steak House. In 1930 or 1931, Eva and Jacob Berkowitz took over the location as Berkowitz Steak House. By 1933, the location was home to George Stern wholesale beer and wine.