Lynne and Blair Jacobson Family Papers and Photographs [MSS 1221]
Rauh Jewish Archives at the Heinz History Center

Green Oaks Country Club was a Jewish country club in Verona.

Following a major fire on New Year’s Day 1950, Westmoreland Country Club chose to relocate. Leon S. Joseph, Joseph M. Levy, Bernard L. Silberblatt, Abram R. Canter, Leonard L. Ross, and others incorporated “Green Oaks” in May 1953 as a social club. It changed the name to Green Oaks Country Club in April 1954 in anticipation of acquiring property. Green Oaks opened on the grounds of the former Westmoreland Country Club in June 1954 under president Leonard Helfer with approximately 200 members.

Bibliography

  • Green Oaks Country Club materials, from Lynne and Blair Jacobson Family Papers and Photographs [MSS 1221] (catalog record).
  • Green Oaks Country Club materials, from Sylvia and Donald Robinson Papers and Photographs [MSS 1035] (catalog record).

Exhibit history

  • Author: Eric Lidji
  • Original: July 16, 2026
  • Current: July 16, 2026

Acknowledgements

  • This entry was made possible through a gift from Westmoreland Country Club.